Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I am attempting to replace the left rear strut assembly on

Customer Question

I am attempting to replace the left rear strut assembly on 2006 honda CRV - it won't clear the control arm
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

It can be a bit tricky to get the strut assembly out past the lower arm. I use a long prybar and pry down on the lower arm/rotor and hub assembly. This will give the extra room you need to get out. With the strut assembly loose the whole assembly will move down. You can also have someone pull push down on the rotor and brake assembly while you remove the strut assembly. Some people unbolt the forward lower arm to get more room. Click HERE for a video.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man