Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

97 Honda Accord engine code 1361

Customer Question

97 Honda Accord engine code 1361
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The code P1361 is for the top dead center(TDC) sensor behind the lower timing belt cover. it's not inside of the distributor housing like some other Honda models. The Honda part number is: 37840-P0A-A01 it can be found on ebay for much less than the Honda price. Sorry but it looks like you replaced the wrong sensor.

Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. Please click on accept or the rating scale. This is important and the only way the site will compensate me for my time. I will continue to help after the rating so don't worry you can still come back until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man