Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2000 honda odessey have changed all coil packs and

Customer Question
spark plugs and injectors also...
I have a 2000 honda odessey have changed all coil packs and spark plugs and injectors also a sensor for timming. And erg valve. Engine idles rough when starting and light comes. Runs really good after warms up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
11/9/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you have covered all the basics from the looks of it. I suspect carbon build up on the valves causing cold missfires. there are many products that will help with this. sea foam is a good product I use all the time. there are times that nothing will work and the heads need to be removed and the head disassembled to remove the carbon hardened on the valves.

try the sea foam first

Roy

I use Lucas fuel treatment on a regular basis

that is for the injectors, not the valves.

Roy

Ok I will try that next

hopefully it will work for you.

Roy

I need to pull the valve covers off and check for carbon build up. I have always done the timing belt on time I do have 435,000 miles on this van

no, the carbon is inside the cylinder head, not accessible from the top end.

Roy

how are you making out

Roy
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist