How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Honda-Man Your Own Question
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Category: Honda
Satisfied Customers: 3042
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
Type Your Honda Question Here...
Honda-Man is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My new-to-me car reads in kilometers/centigrade. Where can I

Customer Question

My new-to-me car reads in kilometers/centigrade. Where can I switch it to Miles/farenheit legally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The gauge control module or gauge assembly will need to be replaced with one for the US market. Newer models can be switched with the SEL/RESET button. If you can provide the vehicle info like 4/6cyl manual or automatic I can give you a part number. As far as I know the dealer is the only one who can rewrite the mileage to the correct amount. Correction there is a place that can rewrite the odometer info too, see attached document.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If

you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. This is how the site compensates us for

our time. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man