Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2003 honda crv was running fine except i had to

Customer Question
change out my idle air...
i have a 2003 honda crv was running fine except i had to change out my idle air control valve tried to start my engine will not turn over i get a greene key light which it clears turn key back to auxillery position greene light flashes no start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/30/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Please give me a few min to look over the wiring and immobilizer diagrams. Be right back!

Honda-Man

First make sure the battery is fully charged. Try a jump or charging the battery. The battery can be enough for the starter but not have enough voltage left for the immobilizer system. The ground for the immobilizer and engine computer(PCM/ECM) is on the intake manifold. If loose or off it can cause the engine to not start. I have included a picture with the location of ground G101 and a document about low battery voltage. If all of this does not help try disconnecting the battery negative , turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then reconnect the battery. This may reset the immobilizer system.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time. Your question remains open for follow up after doing so. All you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man

If none of my suggestions help the immobilizer may have lost the key transponder codes. You might try a different key just to rule out a bad key transponder chip. The last option is to have a mobile locksmith come to you and reprogram the keys. Please remember to rate my advice and service.

Thanks again, Honda-Man

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic