Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I had a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I had a problem with the passenger side sliding door. One of the cables to the rear latch became unattached, so the door would try to open would you used the sliding door buttons, but it would not open. After some trial and error, I was able to get the cable re-attached and open the door. I was able to open and close the door a few times with the power sliding door switch and the handle, etc. So it was working again but I thought it would be a good idea to “home”
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

If the doors are opening and closing correctly they are OK. The older model Odyssey did need to heave the re-homing procedure done after repairs. Your 05 does not require the procedure to be done. The only procedure we use is for resetting the sliding door control units. I have included a document on this subject. If you want to reset the door control units just remove the #7 fuse from the drivers side under-dash fuse box for approx 30 seconds. After that is done open and close the doors with the dash buttons.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time. Your question remains open for follow up after doing so. All you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was cut off when i submitted it, apparently, as about a full paragraph was left off. I'll try again...
I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I had a problem with the passenger side sliding door. One of the cables to the rear latch became unattached, so the door would try to open would you used the sliding door buttons, but it would not open. After some trial and error, I was able to get the cable re-attached and open the door. I was able to open and close the door a few times with the power sliding door switch and the handle, etc. So it was working again but I thought it would be a good idea to “home” or reset the door. So I used the method I’ve used before for the doors, pulling the #7 fuse from the driver side fuse box. After that, the passenger door stopped working completely. I can manually open and close it manually, but not with power. The driver side door continues to work just fine after pulling and replacing the #7 fuse.So it seems like some kind of electrical, not mechanical problem. The door motors/actuators do not make any sound at all. Nothing happens when I press the dashboard door open/close button or the remote control or with either door handle, interior or exterior (well, to clarify it does open manually with the door handles). I was able to pull the DTC codes and it shows B1080 11. I can't find much online about this. One forum says it's "DTC B1080: Power Supply Circuit (IG1 Line) Input Error for Relay Control Module and MICU". And I did see that fuse #7 controls the MICU. But I tried a new fuse in there and everything else works fine - if that fuse were blown or faulty, I don't think the driver side sliding door would work. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. I don't think the MICU unit would suddenly go bad. But it seems like after pulling the #7 fuse, no power is getting to it for some reason.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

I would try resetting it again. Make sure the doors are closed then pull the fuse to reset it. The code B1080 probably set because there was a fuse replaced, removed, etc. If the fuse is OK and the sliding door is the only problem I would disregard the code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already tried pulling the fuse again. No luck.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

OK, I figured you probably tried that. I have included 2 Honda troubleshooting tips for your problem.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I give you a rating when i haven't had any answers to the actual question asked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't see the two attachments you included! I'd like to delete my prior post, as I don't want to seem rude, as I thought you were just referring to your prior comments. I'll check out the troubleshooting tips you attached and get back to you.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

No problem, after you have a look let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked that C504 connector and it looked fine. Unplugged it and plugged it back in. I also checked that lever on the actuator and it moved fine and came back to the starting position. As far as the additional troubleshooting steps for each of those, I would need further direction.
Also, I checked and the B1080 11 error code is back. I had cleared it after checking it the first time. So I am back to my original query of whether we should be focused on the troubleshooting procedures for that specific error code as opposed to exploring general, right door doesn't work tips?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I have been getting the troubleshooting info chopped out of the repair manual.

Since it came back I agree it would be a good idea to troubleshoot it. I have included the diagnostic steps for B1080. The relay control module is part of the under-hood fuse box. The following connectors and ground G202 are part of the troubleshooting. Connector K is located under the under-hood fuse box or relay control module. Connector D is located at the drivers side under-dash fuse box.

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

One more.