Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Just bought a 05 hybird accord with 170k and the CEL is on

Customer Question

Just bought a 05 hybird accord with 170k and the CEL is on and I notice the eco light is not coming on now.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** will be helping with your Honda question.

When the check engine light is on the ECO light stays off until the cause of the check engine light is resolved. If you have the code for the check engine light I can give you an idea what may be wrong. Most auto parts stores will retrieve the code information for free. Once you have the code information you can come back and let me know what the code is. It will start with the letter "P" like P0135 for example. There are just too many possible causes to give an exact answer without the specific code.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you, Honda-Man