Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

How do i reset the gear synhcro in my 07 honda civic si

Customer Question

how do i reset the gear synhcro in my 07 honda civic si
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Is there a problem with the way it shifts now? Are you wanting to correct a problem? If so please explain what's wrong.

Thank you, Honda-Man

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah I'm having a problem shifting into ever gear, i have to force it or sometimes double clutch, like i said this guy i knew shifted into each gear without pushing the clutch in i just don't remember if it was running, it was great for about 4 months
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply and information. How does the clutch pedal feel? Is it too soft or seem harder to depress?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
pedal is great grabs where it always has
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

Does it shift into the gears easier when it's running or if the engine is off? My questions will help me give you an accurate answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
shifts fine when car is off
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

There is not any reset that I am aware of? I have been working on Honda vehicles exclusively for over 23 years.

There are a couple of service bulletins for your SI. One mentions 3rd gear grinding, pops out of gear, and is hard to put into gear. The other mentions worn transmission fluid or the incorrect type can cause shifting issue with all of the gears. If it's not Honda MTF or worn it will cause shifting issues. I would start by changing the fluid, it's the easiest and least expensive.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

I am going offline since it's past 10:00. Just don't want you to think I am being rude.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thanks, Honda-Man