Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

1997 honda accord, my air flow will not change position,

Customer Question

1997 honda accord, my air flow will not change position, etc, defrost,foot, vent. It only blows through the vent. I can push the buttons and they light up but the position will not change
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

I have seen this problem in the past several times. The most common cause is a bad mode control motor. The mode motor is on the side of the heater unit(box). It controls the heater unit levers when you use the control panel buttons. Fuse #8 in the under-dash fuse box supplies power to the mode motor. If it were blown the compressor clutch and cooling fan would also not work so it must be OK. I have included the test and replacement instructions for the mode motor. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man