Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a intermittent starter problem with my Honda 2007

Customer Question

I have a intermittent starter problem with my Honda 2007 CR-V everything else comes on but when I turn the key no sound no start for about 20-30 minutes One think I did was put the gear in neutral and it started I have been back and forth to the dealer and they can't find out what's wrong
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Most dealerships won't attempt any repair without first duplicating the customer's concern. I understand how you must feel going back so many times. There are 2 common problems I have seen on your generation of CR-V. The least common of the two is a bad gear position switch. Since it started after you put it in neutral this is a possibility. It may have just been coincidental but still is a possibility. The most common problem by far is a bad starter. I have replaced more than I can remember for your exact problem. The starter design is different than most so when it fails there will sometimes be no noise at all. Most starters will at least click once each time the key is turned to start. Unfortunately the only way to be sure is testing while it won't start. In situations like this there is really no solution without duplicating the problem or taking a chance replacing parts.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man