Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My Honda element is immobilized. I got my radio back on but

Customer Question

My Honda element is immobilized. I got my radio back on but key is stuck in ignition and car won't start. I've read everything about bypassing and seems I'm stuck...but if there's another way please advise
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I think your only option would be to replace the lock cylinder or have a lock smith rebuild you current cylinder. If the key wasn't stuck you could put an old key in the immobilizer transceiver and the vehicle would start, but if the key won't turn, or come out of the ignition, the cylinder will need to be replaced. Here is the procedure for replacing it:

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

This TSB from honda shows how to bypass the immobilizer (pg 7), but it requires a honda key blank, key code, key cutter, and the immobilizer brake code (from honda). That still only bypasses the immobilizer but doesn't deal with the broken lock cylinder.

I think a good lock smith would probably be the cheapest and fastest way to get you going again since they could just repair the cylinder.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional information. I hope that I have been of some assistance and would appreciate a positive rating if it have. Thanks!