Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Right Sliding door of my 2005 Odyssey does not stay latched.

Customer Question
Even when the power is...
Right Sliding door of my 2005 Odyssey does not stay latched. Even when the power is turned off on the dash. Door will close and then 'pop' open after 5-10 seconds. The light then comes on my dash that the door is open. and it is. you can hear the road while driving down the street.
At times it will stay shut...(maybe every two weeks) but if it is touched it starts all over again.
I have had it looked at and they sad they didn't see anything and lubricated everything and all was good for a while. And now this is the current issue. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
While driving you can hear the door close by itself and then open again by itself. This goes on the entire time you drive.
9/4/2015
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Hopefully you haven't had to wait too long for a response. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Sliding door diagnosis can be tricky even for experienced technicians. I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand pretty well. The main problem I see when it comes to this particular issue is a faulty rear latch assembly.This assembly is in the rear of the sliding door. Incorporated into the assembly are several switches that send information to the sliding door control unit that tell it what position the door is in (open, closed, ect...). There is also what's called the closer motor which pulls the door tightly shut when it reaches a closed position. This assembly commonly fails and will give the symptoms you are dealing with. I am going to include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing for this assembly. It will be #10 in the parts list. If you don't have much repair experience I would not recommend this job for you. I would rate this job a 6 of 10 with 10 being most difficult repair. If you are planning on tackling this job yourself I can try to help guide, but repair information is very limited for this job and will be hard to transfer to you, but I will do my best.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2005-honda-odyssey-5dr_ex-ka-5at/slide-door-locks-outer-handle.html

any news? remember that I have not been compensated at this point and won't be until you rate me positively. Please let me know if I can help with any other details

Hi, just checking in with you to find out if you are satisfied with the information I gave you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, please remember to rate me positively so I can get credit for my advice. Thanks

justinsbg
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician