Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My child put my Honda pilot valet key in my Honda accord.

Customer Question
the flashing green key light...
my child put my Honda pilot valet key in my Honda accord. the flashing green key light is on and I cannot get the key out. Its draining my battery
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
9/2/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
You can try spraying some graphite around the key at the key cylinder then wiggling the key out, but I have to tell you that the vast majority of times it is going to take removing the key cylinder and then prying the key out.
And the wrong key in this vehicle's ignition cylinder will cause either the immobilizer to lose memory and require reprogramming with a diagnostic scan tool, or will actually damage it and require its replacement.
Sorry that you have had to wait so long for bad news on this
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager