MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

I busted off my charcoal canister a few weeks ago. found and

Customer Question

hey there, i busted off my charcoal canister a few weeks ago. found and installed a replacement. Everthing is hooked up fine. I just can't seem to find a place to hook up one of the hoses coming off of the sensors. Its looks like it is running up towards the gas tank but I don't see/feel a nipple to hook it onto. Is there a diagram out there where I can see where all the hoses go?
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago.

Hello does your new evap canister match the old one?

some federal cars and cal

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It matches it perfectly. I really just need a diagram showing where all the times go. I'm pretty sure this tube connects to the gas tank but I'm not sure where.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tubes not times*

ok I have a service bulletin that should have what your looking for.

that info should show all the hose routes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so that helped a bit. But I still need more info. So on procedure B, fuel vent tube D is the tube I'm trying to connect to gas tank (is that correct?). It still doesn't show where on the gas tank it connects. Is there any diagrams of the gas tank and its connections? What should I do to get Vent Tube D to connect? It is already connected to the canister.

Can you take a picture of this so I can see whatnot are talking about and I will look on a car today at work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok there isn't really a way for me to get a clear pic. But I just need vent tube D from procedure B to connect from the charcoal canister to I believe the gas tank. I just don't know where and can't feel where it connects to the gas tank.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?

on the top of the tank is the vent connection. this is the reason for dropping the fuel tank

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a service bulletin for dropping the fuel tank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or is there an access panel below the rest seats?

yes their is but no access to the valve's

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok one more question. Do I need to drain the fuel tank? Or can I just drop it enough to feel the connection on top?

its best if the tank is more then half full.

its heavy with gas in the tank