Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey .... the car's battery had to be

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey .... the car's battery had to be replaced ... after replacing the battery, the DVD player isn't working quite right .... when a DVD is put in the player, we can hear the audio, but there is no picture. Sometimes, the picture comes on after 20 minutes or more of running the DVD. What is the remedy?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Most likely a voltage surge had occurred and may have damaged the video output from the dvd assembly itself.I have seen this occur before in the past and had to replace the dvd player.I would have this tested further to make sure this is the cause here before having it replaced but I do suspect this is most likely the cause.
Thanks Pete