Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Sure I am trying to figure out how to get my sliding doors

Customer Question
on my 2007 Honda Odyssey...
Sure I am trying to figure out how to get my sliding doors on my 2007 Honda Odyssey to operate again I have tried disconnecting the battery and connecting the battery I have tried removing fuses and putting it back in any additional advice would be helpful
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
It seems that I have been able to reset the automatic doors to open and close they seem to be working properly while the car is on using the control panel on the dashboard on the keychain and by the handles. The trouble now seems to be that it won't open all the way it opens about three fourths of the way and the only way to get it to open all the way is to move a little lever underneath the door past where it stopping and then it will open all the way
OK, so after driving it, the doors seem to work perfectly ! Then next trip, back to square one! Not opening or closing, just beep beep beep!
Answered in 1 day by:
8/10/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Honda has released a service bulletin that may be related to problem you are having with the sliding doors. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Have a look at it as it may very well be the problem you are having.
Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sliding%20door%20Aug%2010.pdf
I did not see a response to my question. The doors will not open electronically, at all. Only beep beep beep when try with dash button, key remote and for handle. Can only open and close if auto is off. I do not feel my question and info was read correctly by looking at the solution that was provided, ,,, for a door that doesn't open fully. .....that is not the problem,

Did you have a look at the service bulletin I sent you regarding the type of problem you are having>

I looked at the service bulletin you sent me but that was in regards to a problem with the door is not opening fully. That was not my question, the problem that I am having is that the electric sliding doors do not open or close electronic clean. If you will look at my original question I have tried unplugging the battery to reset them, I have tried taking out all the fuses in the driver side passenger side and under the hood and replacing them to see if that will fix the problem in which it fixes it for about 1 or 2 try and then it's back to the beginning where it will not work at all! The only response I get when I try to open them electronically is a beep beep beep.
Thank you for trying to help me, however, I don't feel that my question was answered and this was a waste of my money and time
Well unfortunately this type of problem is going to require some hands on testing and unfortunately I can not do that over the internet. I can open the question back up for you in hopes some one else may have new information if you would like.
Thank you for your time
Your very welcome and thank you as well.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician