Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Accord Crosstour: Dan, I'm Dan as well. I accidently crossed

Customer Question

Hi Dan, I'm Dan as well. I accidently crossed the brake light wire and got a slight spark when installing a backup camera in a 2010 accord crosstour. I checked every fuse and they all seem to be good. Now the engine tryies to start and goes dead. Also can seem to get it out of park. Can you help me?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. The brake light fuse is located in the under-hood fuse box. It's a 20 amp fuse and should be labeled on the fuse box lid as stop/horn. It's #8 see diagram for reference. If you still have problems after checking the fuse just reply back. If this solves your problem please rate my service. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fuse you identified is good as are all the others. The head and tail lights are fine but the turn signals and brake lights are out. The system immobilizer has kicked in. The car will start and run for a few seconds and die. It is also stuck in park.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
OK, sorry but I will need to opt out so another expert can help. Please wait for the next expert to respond to you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The car is half in and half out of the garage and no luck. I'm going to call the dealer and have them take care of there. Thanks