HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Crv: Just bought a used 02 crv. Check Engine light came on

Customer Question

Just bought a used 02 crv. Check Engine light came on the next day. Paid for new evap kit 😕 one week later, check engine light is back on. We had the same problem with a civic. Chased the light with multiple expensive repairs. Do NOT want to go through that again! Any recommendations?
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please provide the code to me so I can know exactly what we're dealing with? I'm assuming it's an evap code, but I just need to know the exact one because there are a few different codes. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Code is p1457
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We just had a new evap kit put on Tuesday. Yesterday the ce light came back on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We spent a lot of money chasing a ce light problem on a different honda and I don't want to do that again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 125k miles
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Great, thanks. Heading out for a minute and I will be back within the hour. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Will check back later. Thx
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
If I was to ask you to check to make sure the hoses for the solenoid valve were properly connected would you be able to do that?
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
You can look at the picture and locate the two-way valve. Make sure the two hoses are properly connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband can. My son will have the car at work all day so I won't have an answer til evening at least. Thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually is that something you can get at without putting it on a lift? We don't have access to one. I can't tell from the diagram how you get at it.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
You can get to it without a lift but it will be a little tough. It's located on the passenger's side rear of the vehicle right around the gas tank.