HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Civic LX: I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX that is not performing

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX that is not performing well ( loss of power going up hill) it 's giving a dtc of po300, po301, po302. It just happened one day.....i'm using a bluetooth scanning tool from torque program
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been more than 10 minutes since we paid with credit card. How long more do we have to wait ?
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
The codes are:
-p0300: random misfire
-p0301: misfire cylinder 1
-p0302: misfire cylinder 2
Did you check anything yet? (spark plugs, coils, vacuum leak, injector etc..)?
Does this happen when warm, cold, traffic lights, cruising, or is there no clear pattern?
Which engine do you have on this? auto or manual transmission?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have automatic trans. Snd the idle is currently rough. It just started to happen like it's misfiring all of a sudden......
Expert:  nabilc replied 2 years ago.
The first thing to check would be if getting spark on the plugs, and if the spark plugs are good. Would you be able to do that and get back to me with the results?