Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

1994 Honda accord 4 door sedan. once engine is warmed up and

Customer Question

1994 Honda accord 4 door sedan. once engine is warmed up and ac is on car cuts off at idle why?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If this only happens with the a/c on and at idle then most of the time it is caused by a dirty throttle. If the throttle plate and bore are dirty then this will occur. I would clean these first to see if it clears it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok dummy it down so I know what you said sir.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. The throttle is located where the air enters the engine. If you know where the air filter is follow the black tube from the air filter to the engine and you will find the throttle. Remove the tube and look into the throttle and you will see a metal plate the you can open and close with the lever on the side of the throttle. Use some spray throttle cleaner and spray it out good and wipe it with a cloth.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sir not to piss you off but I think I been there. I just changed the iacv
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 years ago.
That does not piss me off at all. Did you clean out the throttle body when you replaced the IAC?