HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2005 accord hybrid and the a/c will only cool

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 accord hybrid and the a/c will only cool at highway speeds. are both cooling fans supposed to run with a/c on? and, if so, are they supposed to run at high speeds....cuz they don't
thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, when the A/C compressor comes on the condensor fan should be coming on. The symptoms you describe make me believe it's not coming on. This could be a couple different things causing it. The fan motor itself is bad, the relay for the fan is bad. I would start by checking the fan motor. You can unplug the connector to the motor and check for power and ground (two wires only) or you could swap the relays for the engine fan and condensor fan and see if the engine fans stops working. That would tell you if it's a relay problem or not. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both fans run when a/c is on...but they seem to run at a low speed...is this normal? The a/c is warm at low speeds. i evacuated and added approx. 19 oz like the sticker says, but its still warm at idle and low speeds. I just wasn't sure if the fans were supposed to be running at higher speeds. thank you