Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

ACCORD: i HAVE A U0155 CODE ON A 2008 HONDA aCCORD EX-L

Customer Question

i HAVE A U0155 CODE ON A 2008 HONDA aCCORD EX-L
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4L automatic.The car is currently at the Honda dealer, I have a VSA, ABS, and brake light on and the D-4 light is blinking. The check engine light is on and before I sent the car to the dealer I read the code it was a U0155. So, we checked the VSA fuses, the wiring wiring and all was well. The tech told me to replace the VSA module said it wasnt communicating with the ECM. Did that and he tried reprograming the new VSA and hes saying that the Honda Diagnostics tool wont communicate with the ECM/PCM. These guys really are not qualified because I have had to led them along. Should I replace the ECM next? what exactly is the U0155 code?
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 years ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.-From your description it sounds like you need a reputable shop to look at this problem for you. I'm a member of an Automotive Technicians Network and if you'll let me know your zip I should be able to refer you to a reputable shop in your area with more experience with vehicle module network communication.-Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U0155 sets when the driver's side Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) looses communication with gauge control module.General DescriptionThe controller area network (CAN) transmits/receives pulsing signals to/from the control modules simultaneously by using two signal lines (CANH and CANL). When the information is not sent from the gauge control module via the F-CAN and this condition continues for a specified time or when the information sent from the gauge control module is abnormal and this condition continues for a specified cycle, the powertrain control module (PCM) detects a malfunction and stores a DTC.-I hope this information is helpful to you. Let me know your zip and I'll see what I can find.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My zip code is 27713
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. I found three shops in you area and listed them below. N-Tune Automotive is more on the lines of a maintenance facility. Massengill's & Auto Pro To Call should be more suited to your diagnostic needs. Computer and electrical diagnostics are more of a specialty type of repair. Technicians should be well trained and have the proper equipment for diagnostic repairs.
-
Massengill's Auto Service, Inc *****
Durham, NC 27701 (###) ###-####
-
Auto Pro To Call *****
Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (###) ###-####
-
N-Tune Automotive *****
Durham, NC 27707 (###) ###-####
-
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.