Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Odyssey: had to replace battery in my 2003 Honda Odyssey. Now…

Customer Question
had to replace battery in...
had to replace battery in my 2003 Honda Odyssey. Now radio and lock to key fob wont work and cannot manually lock doors either. Need code to reset. Please advise
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
7/3/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
You may need to reprogram the key fob. Does the key turn in the door lock?
For the radio, you will need the anti-theft code. Please look inside the glove compartment for a small white sticker, it may have the code or radio serial number on it. It may even be on the side of the glove compartment.
If you can not find the sticker, try this to get the serial number:
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the display. If you don’t see this message, remove the backup fuse for 1 minute, then go back to step 1.
3. Turn off the audio unit.
4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons, then turn on the audio unit. The display toggles between two screens. The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200). The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055). Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.
5. Post the number you get here.
did everything you said to do still can't get the two screens to come up. Yes the key works in the door but the automatic door lock doesn't work neither does the fob. Can you offer other instructions? Would like to have locks working and radio before next week. If you had the VIN# ***** that help with somehow getting the serial number thus enabling us to get the code for
the radio? Thank you
If your Odyssey does not have navigation this procedure should work.
Honda never assigned radios by VIN so that will not help me help you.
When pushing the power door lock switch inside the van do the doors lock? If not what happens if you manually lock the driver's door and then try the switch?
No the power locks dont work manually either. You have to push each lock to locks the doors. Tried locking drivers door and then trying to open. Fob still didn't work, I know it has to been something internal, because before we switched out both fobs
worked. Now neither one of them does. Any more suggestions? Any would be helpful. Also when pushed the 1 and 6 preset buttons all that does is type 1 and 6 on the screen , doesnt give me the U or L screen.
Sorry was not able to answer sooner.
If you read what I posted above I need to know if the other doors work from the lock switch on the door after manually locking the drivers door.
The only other thing on the radio would be to remove it and get the serial number off the radio. I can post instructions on how to remove it if you would like to try.
No. none of the doors lock electronically. Can unlock with key but not fob. Go ahead and send instructions will see what I can do.
I was able to find you a great video on Youtube that shows how to remove the radio here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0JmRg8EwtE