Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2004 Honda civic temperature gauge goes up and down , fluctuates if u…

Customer Question
2004 Honda civic temperature...
2004 Honda civic temperature gauge goes up and down , fluctuates if use heat . heat goes hot and cold .
radiator was replaced . does not overheat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
7/2/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. The thermostat is responsible for maintaining engine temp. I should close when temp is too low and open when temp starts to get too high. if thermostat is sticking open it will cause the symptoms your describing so I'd start by replacing thermostat which should take care of problem. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.