Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!I have a 2002 Honda Accord that

Customer Question

Hello, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
I have a 2002 Honda Accord that I just recently changed the Throttle Body & TB Sensor on...
And now what its doing is I turn the key to turn on but won't start unless I push down on gas and rev up at least once to stay on.
Once its on it runs smooth no problem, but it does it everytime I have to turn it on.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Was the TP sensor included with the throttle body or did you install ti separately?Do you have a scan tool that can read the TPS voltage? Live data? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, the Throttle Body Sensor was installed first and Throttle Body was installed about a week 1/2 later. No unfortunately I don't have a scan tool that can read the TPS voltage or Live Data?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
So the TPS and throttle body were separate parts? Honda only sells them together with the TPS secured to the throttle body with tamper proof screws.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O, no my mistake... I changed the Shift A Solenoid & TCC Solenoid. Then the Throttle Body 1 wk 1/2 after. You're correct TB comes with sensors already. I've done quite a few things this past month, its just been one thing after another. I've also changed the bottom Oxygen sensor.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was thinking you meant the throttle body on the engine intake. Pretty sure your work on the trans is not related?You might just need to do the idle learn procedure. It's also possible the cold start idle air valve is sticking or not getting good coolant flow. Checking or adjusting the base idle screw might help too. Check out the article that includes the idle learn procedure. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man