Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Honda Pilot: Blend doors on a 2003 Honda Pilot stick and will

Customer Question

Blend doors on a 2003 Honda Pilot stick and will not let air out of the vents. Air sounds to be spooling up in the dashboard but nothing from the vents. Would the blend actuator be the problem? Other ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles. It would actually be the mode control motor that is having problems. It can also be something to do with the linkage. The mechanic may have lubed the linkage last time since no parts were replaced. You could look under the dash and switch modes while watching the mode motor linkage work. There are 2 link rods plus the levers for the mode doors (flaps). I have removed the link rods and worked the flaps by hand to see if they are binding. The mechanic probably sprayed some type of lube on the links or lever shafts. If it all looks good the mode motor is probably weak and needs to be replaced. It's located just above the accelerator pedal under the dash. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man