Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda c r v: 2011 Honda c r v air condition stop working while…

Customer Question
2011 Honda c r v...
2011 Honda c r v air condition stop working while driving down the road engine fans are working ac Freon gauge reads in the red what caused this only has 76,000 miles
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
6/18/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles.Most likely the A/C compressor clutch has failed. If the fans are working and the system has a charge the compressor should be working. There is a warranty extension for this problem. It covers the A/C compressor clutch for 7 years from the original date of purchase or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Honda service bulletin number is ***** This may not be the problem but it's worth having the dealer have a look since it is probably going to be a free repair. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man