Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My keyless doorlock acknowledgement stopped working, and the…

Customer Question
My keyless doorlock acknowledgement stopped...
My keyless doorlock acknowledgement stopped working, and the panic button doesn't work from my key fob either. I tried my spare key fob with the same results. Could it be a fuse? or the starter battery? I have a 2011 Honda Insight
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
6/14/2015
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you. I have a few things for you to try to better help me understand what exactly is going on.1). First, sit inside the vehicle with the key out of ignition and the doors closed. Using the lock/unlock button on the driver's door, hit lock and unlock while monitoring each door lock knob (including the driver's door). Tell me if there is any door lock knob that is not responding to the lock/unlock command, I'm especially concerned if the driver's door lock is not working from the switch.
All of the locks are working with the key fob.
You mean with the door switch correct?
Yes - it's the beep that I'm not getting now - it functions fine locking and unlocking my doors, just doesn't beep after the hitting lock twice. The panic button doesn't set the the alarm off either. I have replaced the battery in the key fob and tried it with my spare key fob as well.
Okay, I'm a little confused. So the locks ARE working with the key fob it's just the security system is not locking when pressing the lock part of the key fob twice? Is that correct?