HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Civic: Currently own a 1996 honda Civic ex. The guy had told

Customer Question

Currently own a 1996 honda Civic ex. The guy had told me the D4 light was supposed to blink when I was driving it. Did not know it was something the tranny spits out, letting me know the issue. I know you can use a paperclip to get the codes for a d4 blinking light.
Anyways, when i first start the car, the d4 light does not blink at all, and shifts really clean. After being on for about 2-3 Minutes, the d4 light blinks again, and over revs in between shifts. Its automatic. Sometimes, when the d4 light blinks, and has been on for awhile, it shifts smooth... sometimes.
I also noticed some kind of fluid on top tranny, it looks like....
What do you think it could be? Thanks!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles. Have you checked to see what code is stored? With the code I can give you a very good idea what is wrong. If you need help getting the code just let me know or when you have the code please reply so we can continue. Thanks!