HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Accord: 1992 honda accord lx 2dr coupe:interior lite inop,wipers

Customer Question

1992 honda accord lx 2dr coupe:interior lite inop,wipers work on high only and the warning display on the dash that shows a door or trunk open stays on or will flicker on and off..I've replaced the fuse for the lite and all three worked for awhile(30min) but the fuse blows
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. I have over 30 years experience with Honda vehicles.
Your problem may be a bit difficult to track down but I will do my best to help find the cause. The circuits fuse #22 protects are fairly extensive. Cigarette lighter, Ceiling light, Courtesy lights, Integrated control unit,Power antenna,and Trunk light.
When the fuse blows are you using any particular item? Is there anything using the cigarette lighter socket? Cell phone charger? Has there been anything in there before this happened?
Are the sun-visor mirror lights working or are the sun-visor pivot arms broken so the visor can hang down if not clipped in place?
Have the door panels been off or are they loose?
The integrated control unit operates a variety of items like the wipers and safety indicator(door open indicator) the same fuse protects the integrated control unit. This is why they quit working too.
Anything you might think of would help.
Thanks!