Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Civic: How much would it cost to switch wires and install power

Customer Question
How much would it cost...
How much would it cost to switch wires and install power door locks to a 2011 Honda Civic DX-VP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
I went to a third party place and they said since the car had cable wires it would have to be done by a professional Honda mechanic. I want the power door locks with keyless entry and am willing to pay for Honda to install that for me since I got the car cheaper and could not find an LX trim
6/12/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Thanks for the response I have been asking multiple sources around trying to get a solid answer.
Getting this done at a dealer is going to be a minimum of 2000$ I estimate it closer to about 2800$ all depending on the time to wire it. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician