Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The panic of my 98 honda accord is going off when I start the…

Customer Question
the panic of my 98...
the panic of my 98 honda accord is going off when I start the car or open the door
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
6/11/2015
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 3 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Is this a factory alarm?
Yes
Ok do any of the doors show on the dash open when closed when ignition turned on? Also how old is the vehicles battery .
Ya all the doors show in the dashboard when I start the car o ky the open doors show on the dash when opened. and the battery is new
Do all the door locks work ?
yep
Ok then the issue is a shorted out hood switch has this been changed ?
No and I don't know how to change it
Would you like a diagram on how to replace it?
Yes please
It's number 42 in the diagram and easily replaced.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.