Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2002Honda Civic engine shaped light on left side of dash.

Customer Question
Came on in the fall...
2002Honda Civic engine shaped light on left side of dash. Came on in the fall went off. Machenic said noting wrong, a bad a Honda quirk. Now back on not going off. What's the fix? e
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
6/8/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Ted G., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
The check engine light on your car can be set by literally a hundred different things. It is a catch all for any number of computer related problems. But there will be a code in there now that should point to whatever the problem is. And it sounds like you have a good mechanic because he didn't try to sell you something needlessly.He (or she) will need to scan it again, but I bet there is a more conclusive code now and it will lead them to a fix.
Ted G.
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician