Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Accord: there, I am trying to locate the coil on a 1995

Customer Question
Hello there, I am trying...
Hello there, I am trying to locate the coil on a 1995 honda accord. I think that my ignightor went out and I was going to go down to western pick and pull and pull the part that I needed and use it on mine. But that takes knowing where the part is?
I have a mechanic that is a great friend of mine and I descibed what my car was doing, he was quit sure that it is the ignightor switch that has gone out. I ll tell you whats happening and get your opinion as well if you dont mind.
I was driving my car and all the sudden it went out. I tried to start it and it wouldnt turn over. It had a lot of power so I know it wasnt the battery or altinator cause both of them tested 12 volts and kepta charge after running for 30 minutes. Anyhow, we pushed the car to my house and let it sit while we went for gas to see if that was the problem. we putgas in it and it started up right away with no problem. So the next morning I took it to an appointment and on the way home it stopped agan. i tried to give it gas and it wouldnt go. so I coasted off to the ER lane. We towed the car home where it sits now. It has plenty of gas, a strong battery and charge but wont turn over. whats your thought on this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
6/8/2015
Mechanic for Honda: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
The link below shows the distributor, its components, the coil and how the removal/install is done. Only thing I can add is mark the position of your distributor housing so the replacement can be installed the same way.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26725849/dist.pdf
Copy and paste that link into a new browser tab and please let me know how I can help you with your question
Thank you
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am sorry, I am unable to make a phone call, please let me know how I can help here on this page
Thank you