Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda Accord: I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX, 2.3L, 4-cyl. I…

Customer Question
I have a 1998 Honda...
I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX, 2.3L, 4-cyl.
I replaced the ignition switch on my accord, and I got the car to start once, before putting the panels back together, and then attempted to start the car again, but this time, the dash lights, ac, and radio would not turn on. I checked all the fuses and done as much as I know, and further research has yielded nothing. Any information whatsoever would be helpful.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
6/9/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Unfortunately, I do still need help with my car troubles. I have practically scoured the internet and books, but to no avail. my car has been down for a couple weeks and its pretty urgent that I get it up and running as soon as possible. So any help you can provide me would be wonderful. Thank you again for your assistance.
Hi
Open the file below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98accordLX.pdf
Lets start on diagram 4 and verify the ignition switch input powers are good, then check the outputs for each key position. Can you start there?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician