Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Odyssey: my 2002 honda ody sliding door wont open and close

Customer Question

my 2002 honda ody sliding door wont open and close just hear a beep sound if i click my remote
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and try to reset it but no help driver side sliding door still won't open and close
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question.
How many times does it beep when you try to open it?
Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
beep sound if i click the remote and the dash board button.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** rear latch pop the rear of the door out or just the single beep? Are there any other problems or warning lights staying on? Check engine light shift indicator D light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just single beep and thats it, rear latch won't even pop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and not even any warning lights indication.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
The reason I asked is because the shift position input needs to show it's in park. The vehicle speed also needs to be zero before it will open. These problems will usually turn on a indicator light. I will include a service article that might help. It will usually beep 3 times before the article will help but it is worth a try. It would also be worth a try to clean the door junction switch in the doorway. Use a pencil eraser for the body contacts and fine grit sand paper for the door side. Polish them and see if the door will work. Corroded contacts can make the door inoperative. You might need to reset the control unit after you are done. You can rate my service now or after you try my suggestions either way I will still help. Thank you, Honda-Man
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cleaned the door junction switch and reset the control unit and sliding door still won't open but only beeps three times.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
So there was an improvement. If it's beeping 3 times the service article may do the trick.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
checked battery terminal ok and tight, 30A fuse not blown - so do you think my last resorts is to replace the power sliding door motor and sensor? do you guys have a parts number for this two item for 2002 honda odyssey ex.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
It does sound like the motor may be bad. Can I have the VIN so I can look up the correct part numbers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VIN # *****
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the motor assembly part number: #4 72051-S0X-A02 the control unit part number for the drivers sliding door is: #5 72060-S0X-A61 Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Sorry the link didn't make it to you. Click HERE for the Honda parts site.