Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Fit: Honda fit 2010 ; My ac/heat blower fan control will not…

Customer Question
Honda fit 2010 ; My...
Honda fit 2010 ; My ac/heat blower fan control will not work. It worked for years on and high only now nothing. Please advise is this an expensive fix? and or is this something i can repair easy ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
6/5/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Welcome to JustAnswer. My online handle is Honda-Man, I am ready to help with your Honda question. There is a service bulletin(09-097) regarding your exact problem. The heater blower(fan) motor is defective and draws excessive current burning out the blower motor resistor. At first it will only work on high speed then eventually fail. The fix is to replace the blower motor and resistor. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man