Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Pilot: I finally found the serial number navigation

Customer Question
I finally found the serial...
I finally found the serial number for my navigation box. Now I need to turn that into the 4 digit code to enter the sustem
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/5/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Can you post the number here? I will see if I can get it for you.
(###) ###-#### ***** can send a pic if needed
Any progress?
I am sorry but it got too late last night.
You do not have enough numbers in the serial numbers.
That is not the correct number. The sticker will be on the top or bottom.
There is a way to get it from the display. Try this to get it from the display:
. Enter the navigation diagnostic mode by pressing and holding the Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel buttons at the
same time.
2. From the Select Diagnosis items screen, select Detailed Information & Settings, then select Unit Check,
then select Navi ECU or ECU Info. Then you will see the number I would need.
I and see Honda techs have tried this several times with NO success. This seems so simple, what can we be doing wrong?
Are you holding the buttons for at least 5 seconds with the key on? I know you said it is a 2004 but if it is a 2003 this will not work.
You can always remove the navigation unit under the seat to get the number as a last resort.
This is an 04 and I have tried as you say. I will try again.
Ok, let me know if you get it.