Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Car will not start and the battery is active. The start

Customer Question
Car will not start and...
Car will not start and the battery is active. The start button was pushed yesterday momentarily and not shut off.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Honda
I have a 2015 Honda CR-V and it will not start when I push the start button, foot on the brake and key in my pocket. Yesterday the start button was momentarily pushed to see mileage and start button was not turned off. Now the car will not start, is totally dead despite the battery being fulled charged.
5/30/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Fixitman, Technician /Advisor replied 3 years ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. You may have locked the vehicle in anti theft mode. I would disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reinstall it to see if it will start. If not then you will need a voltage meter to run some tests.
The negative battery cable has been disconnected for 30 minutes and the car is still dead. The battery is fully charged with a green light. What else do you suggest.
Do you have a voltage meter? Was the battery tested with a meter?
Yes the voltage was tested with a meter.
Thank you. To tell me where to start I need to know the battery voltage and then what the voltage does when you try starting the vehicle.
I tried to hold the key mechanism holding the button close to the starter switch. so the code would be recognized The red light continues to shine,
The battery voltage registered at 12.
And what does it do when you try to start it? Did you try your extra key?