Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Civic lx: working on 2003 honda civic lx 1.7 automatic the…

Customer Question
working on 2003 honda civic...
working on 2003 honda civic lx 1.7 automatic the trans indicator on dash dont work and shift interloc solinoid does not work repaired a broke wire at 10 pin connector by trans range sensor black wire, still not working, replaced trans range sensor, still dont work, ck brake Lt switch workin fine, has 12 volts from brake Lt switch to pcm, has voltage from pcm to multiflex control unit but is not grounding yellow wire from multiflex control unit to shifter interlock solinoid any ideas, key will not turn all the way to off position unless battery is disconected and engine will not crank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
Since the MCU is not sending out the signal to the shift lock, that should mean the MCU is to blame for this concern, if I understood each test you did.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician