Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Steve, i'm Eli. i'm replacing an alternator on a 98 honda

Customer Question

hi steve, i'm Eli. i'm replacing an alternator on a 98 honda crv, i'm wondering if its easier to remove it from the top (by removing the power steering pump) or underneath (by removing the plastic cover)
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome Eli to JustAnswer. Your 1998 CR-V alternator is on the back side of the engine under the brake master cylinder not under the power steering pump. It is easier to remove from under the vehicle with the splash shield removed. I have included the instructions for removing the alternator. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! Please accept or provide a positive rating. If you can't rate please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask questions after the rating.~Honda-Man