sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Civic: my engine won't start, it's a 98 Honda civic with

Customer Question

Hi my engine won't start, it's a 98 Honda civic with a 94 GSR swap,it cranks but does not turn on, there is no fuel pressure, replaced fuel filter, fuel pump and relay but there's not difference, any ideas what it can be?
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the pump is new yet won't run then it is either missing power or ground. This could be a wiring issue or the engine controller may not be awake.

You'll need to start by either checking at the pump to see if it's power or ground you're missing or start with testing at the relay. If you're missing ground then it has to be a wiring issue.

At the main relay you'd need to make sure there are two power feeds present. If a power feed is missing then you most likely have a blown fuse.

If the power feeds are good you can cycle the key to see if the relay clicks. If not then the ECM isn't controlling it, which would be wiring or the ECM itself may not be awake.

If the relay does click and the pump ground is good then you have an open circuit between the relay and pump.