Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Crv: have 2004 honda crv. just past week has problem starting

Customer Question
have 2004 honda crv....
have 2004 honda crv. just past week has problem starting and turning over. seemed to occur more after I had safety inspection.
This morning, turned key and it staarted right up. 1/2 hr later i went to start it and it did nothing. no click I belive . took 30 seconds and finally cranked over. seems to be bad in morning but turns over better after morning hrs. Any clues? Starter. starter relay. starter solenoid, fuel pump. Not sure where to start
car has 245000 miles on it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Honda
5/16/2015
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Welcome to JustAnswer. Your suspicion about the starter being the cause of your starting problem is most likely correct. Sounds like you have a good battery and fuel pumps won't cause a no-crank problem. I help many customers here online and with my other customers at work with the same exact problem. The starter motor is a different design than most so it won't click when it goes bad. I have seen them turn over slow or not at all. The problem is more noticeable when it's colder in the morning. It seems you have gotten decent mileage out of your starter. Better than most of my customers. You can expect to pay approx $210 for a parts store starter. A Honda starter is approx $290. Labor cost is approx $300 depending on where you have it replaced. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and a positive rating is what I work for! Please accept or provide a positive rating. If you can't rate please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask questions after the rating.~Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic