HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

4dr LX accord: 2003 honda accord four cyl. 2.4L will not s

Customer Question

2003 honda accord four cyl. 2.4L will not start.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Is this a crank but no-start, or a no crank no-start condition? When you turn the key to the ON position do the dash lights come on bright? Does the horn honK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is crank but no start dash lights are bright horn will honk
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so just to verify; when you turn the key to start the engine is spinning over?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES THE ENGINE IS SPINNING WHEN I TRY TO START
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Does it seem like it is spinning over sluggishly, or does it spin over strong? Is the check engine light on? If so, have you scanned the vehicle's computer to determine the code(s) present?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The engine is spinning free, as i said in the beginning, it acts as thou it is not getting either gas or spark, the fuel pump in working
because I can hear it when I turn the switch to on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know how to scan the computer. I dont even know it is located.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
It is very unusual to hear of one of these cars with the symptoms you are describing. Can you describe a little of how this happened? Did you just go out one morning to crank it and it wouldn't start? Any information you can provide that could help me determine the problem would be very helpful
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as I said in the beginning,the air conditioner quit blowing cold air yesterday 5-7-15. the car engine was running fine yesterday. today
5-8-15 i tried to find out what was wrong with the air conditioner. i cranked the engine, and it ran fine. I found that air compressor
clutch was not engaging. I then turned of the engine. I checked fuse #15 in the under hood fuse box and found it to be good. I then
reinstalled fuse # ***** then when I tried to crank the engine it would not start. it would turn over very freely,but it would not start.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Please check Fuse 7 in the under dash fuse box. If it is blown, replace and recheck. Also, check fuse 15 again in the under hood just to make sure it is not blown.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
both fuse #7 under dash, and #15 under hood check good. ##7 under dash is for back-up lights in my book
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
Is the green key light blinking on the dash as you try to start it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the green key light starts blinking when you turn on the switch.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
No, not when the switch is turned on. I want to know if it continually blinks as the engine is spinning over trying to start.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO! It only blinks two times after the starter engages and three times after the starter disengages
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 years ago.
I'm heading out for a few hours so I won't be able to respond until around 9. Let me get back with you then. Thanks