HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Trying to find out what is going on with my 1993 honda civic.

Customer Question

trying to find out what is going on with my 1993 honda civic. It runs good, but there is oil in coolant. no sign of coolant in oil. it does not overheat, it barely gets warm on temp gauge. is it a head gasket or something else?
Category: Honda
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 2 years ago.
I would run it(in park) with the cooling cap off and see if there are air bubbles constantly .it may not show over heating on the gauge because of air pockets .there is a block tester that you can rent for free at many auto parts stores ,you have to buy the special blue chemical that the tester uses (around $10 )this will show if there is a head or head gasket problem..usually though you can see the air bubbles constantly ...jazzmaster ...
hi, did I help you with this issue or do you still need assistance ?...jazzmaster