HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 92 Honda accord lx with no spark replaced distributor

Customer Question

I have a 92 Honda accord lx with no spark replaced distributor main relay coil tried good known computer and still no dpark help
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Is the check engine light(CEL) coming on? What exactly does it do?Does the oil light come on when the key is in the on position?Did this happen suddenly or after a repair? Thanks! ~Honda-man
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the engine lite stays on so does the other lights with key on.i had car running after I installed a used coil next day no start as I said before put new dist ,rotor coil used main relay ,and now im getting frustrated help
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Have you been able to get any codes? If the light is on there should be a code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I said lights on I meant lights on with key. Havent been able to get it running to get a code Did check for codes but none existed
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
You jumped the 2 pin service connector and there were no codes? And the CEL stayed on? Just need to be sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when you turn key on cel stays on does not go off
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Did you jump the 2 pin connector to see if there were any codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
doing that now
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
OK be sure to clear the codes even if there are none. The light can stay on because it's in back-up mode. Pull the fuse like the procedure says at the end.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have a code 15 igniton output signal
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
OK reset the ECM and see if the code comes back.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
The code means the igniter is not sending a output to the ECM. If the igniter is bad or has loose connections it will set this code. Did you install a known good distributor? Might check the wiring on the igniter to be sure it's tight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We installed a new distributor. Checking the wires
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Here is the code 15 diagnosis. Did it come back after you reset the ECM?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still on?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
I will be for another 15 min.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
The chat timer only has 6 min left.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got to testing the a21 and a22 but I don't have a test harness. Do I leave the other plugs plugged in when im doing it
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
No the connectors should be left unplugged. The flow chart would say to reconnect if required. Will be near impossible to do without the test harness. Do you have a dwell meter or one with duty cycle? I have a fairly simple test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a dwell meter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a dwell tachometer tester
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
With the cap and rotor off check for dwell on the green wire while connected to the igniter and the connectors all back together in running condition. Check it while cranking the engine. The green wire is the coil primary control, there should be dwell there. Let me know what you get. No dwell at the green wire=bad igniterDwell at the green wire= bad coil
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tomorrow will it cost again if not ill talk to you tomorrow. will an orinary dwell meter work
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 years ago.
Yes a regular dwell meter will work. On the 4cyl scale there should be approx 4-15 degrees. What matters is that there is dwell not how much. I can gift some time so don't worry. I will be back in the AM. I am in Oregon so around 8:00 am. Have a good evening. ~Cliff