How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HondaPlatinum Your Own Question
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Category: Honda
Satisfied Customers: 25955
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
Type Your Honda Question Here...
HondaPlatinum is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Honda Accord EX: I have a 98 Accord V6 that I believe the ECU

This answer was rated:

I have a 98 Accord V6 that I believe the ECU is bad. I've ordered a used ECU which will hopefully solve the problem but I need the brake code to bypass the imobilizer to get it to the dealership to program my keys to the new ECU. My VIN is 1HGCG2252WA032465
Unfortunately we can not give that out on this site. Just so you know a mobile lock smith can come to you and do this to save you a lot of money .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just to make sure I'm tracking, once I install the new ECU, the mobile lock smith will just need to program the keys into the new ECU?

Yes thats correct and save you a lot of money .Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
HondaPlatinum and 2 other Honda Specialists are ready to help you