HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

accord: I have 1995 honda accord lx 2.2l i changed the valve

I have 1995 honda accord lx 2.2l i changed the valve stem inserts cuz one was leaking. obviously it let out all the freon. I put 2 cans in after replacing the inserts and ran the ac on high as I put it in. the ac now does not get cold and the compressor works as it did before. I drove the car for about an hour to see what happened and it is just not cooling. the freon is still in the sytem.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.
2lbs is way to much thats why the system is not cooling.Is there still bubbles in the site glass at the receiver dryer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tom I do not know what that is
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
should i let some out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry i got bumped off the page
Yes you should definately let out some out each can was 1.2 lbs or more and you added 2 cans correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes 12 ounces each
It only takes 1.3 pounds of refrigerant so its way over charged removing refrigerant will fix this issue and you will have a/c again.Just double check the knob inside the vehicle also and remove it the temperature knob thats goes from red to blue these are known to crack at the stem make sure thats ok also .These are the next steps.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.