MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

My key fob does not lock or unlock my drivers side door anymore.

My key fob does not lock or unlock my drivers side door anymore. Very seldom do the other doors unlock. Also cannot lower the windows with key fob.

MASTER TECH :

Hello welcome to just answer I'm Master Tech and will be able to assist you today.

MASTER TECH :

are you able to manually lock and unlock the door with the key ? does the lock attempt to lock or make any noises like clicking in the door ?

Customer: I can manually lock the door. And when I manually lock the driver door all other doors lock. No unusual noises when I lock or unlock the door.
MASTER TECH :

ok the door lock actuators are a real common failure for this very problem.

MASTER TECH :

I can provide a test for the lock actuator if you want to remove the door panel and test it to confirm.

MASTER TECH :

at my dealer we do these on a very regular basis

Customer: Did u receive my reply?
MASTER TECH :

only one reply.

MASTER TECH :

does the other doors unlock still

Customer: They lock & unlock with the key fob rarely but it always works in the garage on 3 doors...not the driver door
MASTER TECH :

ok im 99.99% positive this is a failed door lock actuator.

MASTER TECH :

if you want to be 100% positive then I can send you the test for this and this will confirm this.

Customer: I'll take the 99.99...
Customer: Thx for your help!

ok the chat box is not working correctly.

here are the steps for removing the door panel and testing the drivers door lock actuator.

graphicgraphic