Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Honda accord se: honda accord 2000 got codes p0700 p1739

honda accord 2000 got codes...
honda accord 2000 got codes p0700 p1739 p1753 tranny shifting fine, what could be the problem
8/9/2012
Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech

jimhondatech :

HI THIS IS JIM, I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OUT, THE P1739 CODE IS FOR THE 3RD GEAR PRESSURE SWITCH ON THE TRANSMISSION VERY COMMON FAILURE, THE P1753 IS A PROBLEM IN THE TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH SOLENOID, THE PRESSURE SWITCH COULD HAVE CAUSED THIS CODE, I WOULD CHANGE THE PRESSURE SWITCH FIRST AND REEVALUATE, I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS, DON'T FORGET TO RATE MY SERVICE FOR MY REPORT CARD, THANKS JIM

Customer:

pressure switch was replaced now got the 1753 and 700 codes back ???

Customer:

d4 flashing also

jimhondatech :

OK, AT LEAST ONE CODE IS GONE, CHECK FUSE #6 15AMP FUSE IN THE DRIVERS UNDERDASH FUSEBOX, THAT POWERS THE TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH SOLENOID, LET ME KNOW JIM

Customer:

ok few minutes ill get back to u

Customer:

is that the fuse that says ecu

Customer:

15 amp and it is # XXXXX driver side , side fuse box not underdash???

Customer:

side of dashboard u have to open door to access it

Customer:

that fuse i mentioned is good

jimhondatech :

IF THAT FUSE IS OK, THE TORQUE CONVERTER LOCKUP SOLENOID IS PROBABALY BAD, THAT IS THE SOLENOIS PACK ON TOP OF THE TRANS, IT HAS 2 SOLENOIDS, I REPLACED A FEW OF THEM, I COULD BE THE ECM ALSO, DO WANT THE PROCEDURE TO OHM OUT THE WIRING, ALL THE TEST AT THE PCM, LET ME KNOW, JIM

Customer:

is 700 code part of that as well

jimhondatech :

P0700 IS A GENERIC TRANS CODE, WILL ALWAYS THROW THAT WITH MOST AFTERMARKET SCANNERS

Customer:

got u, what do i need to tell dealer if i need to get solenoids replaced is there a specific name for these solenoids

Customer:

so they know what i am looking for

Customer:

just ask for torque converter lock up solenoid

Customer:

??

jimhondatech :

JUST TELL THEM TORQUE CONVERTER LOCKUP SOLENOID/SHIFT SOLENOID A, THE SOLENOID SET ON TOP OF TRANS, ONLY HAS ONE SET ON TOP

Customer:

ok i appreciate your help , hopefully i dont have to go into a new tranny??

jimhondatech :

I AGREE, KEEP ME POSTED, DON'T FORGET TO RATE MY SERVICE, THANKS JIM

Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Jim
Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech